Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » 'C/C++ Build' Menu Item - where has it gone??(Setting -rpath)
'C/C++ Build' Menu Item - where has it gone?? [message #1756405] Thu, 16 March 2017 13:06 Go to next message
Arwel Hughes is currently offline Arwel HughesFriend
Hi,
I need to set and rpath directive in the latest version of Eclipse-CDT (using gcc on Linux).

I used to be able to do that from properties --> C/C++ Build --> Settings --> Miscellaneous, and then set -Xlinker options. But, the whole of the 'C/C++ Build' section seems to have disappeared from the Properties menu....

Where the hell has this gone? And how am I expected to set all this stuff now?
(apologies if this is not a new 'feature', and if I've done something stupid in setting up my project. That's certainly possible/likely Razz

Arwel

[Updated on: Thu, 16 March 2017 13:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 'C/C++ Build' Menu Item - where has it gone?? [message #1756410 is a reply to message #1756405] Thu, 16 March 2017 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Freidin is currently offline Alex FreidinFriend
If "C/C++ Build" item is not visible in the project properties, it is likely that the project has no C/C++ nature. E.g. was created as general project type or CDT is not properly installed.
If "C/C++ Build > Settings" is visible, but no compiler options are available in the tabs, except for Binary Parsers and Error Parsers tabs, then it's likely to be a makefile type of project or a project created with a toolchain that is not available.
Re: 'C/C++ Build' Menu Item - where has it gone?? [message #1756413 is a reply to message #1756410] Thu, 16 March 2017 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arwel Hughes is currently offline Arwel HughesFriend
Erm..... just realised what's going on. The 'C/C++ Build' menu item actually just says 'dummy Page' in the menu on my install, so I ignored it. When I click on it though, all the C/C++ Build submenus are all there! Clearly something strange with my install - am downloading what I hope is the latest now and will see if the reinstall fixes it...

Re: 'C/C++ Build' Menu Item - where has it gone?? [message #1756425 is a reply to message #1756413] Thu, 16 March 2017 16:44 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Hi Arwel,

You have hit Bug 508319. It should be fixed in CDT 9.2.1 (part of Eclipse Neon.3) that is due out soon.

Please advise if it is or not fixed. But in the meantime there is a workaround, assuming you don't need the standalone debugger (from the bug):

A workaround for anyone who has full C/C++ package installed is to uninstall the CDT Standalone Debugger Support.

Step-by-step:

1) Help Menu -> About
2) Press Installation Details button
3) In the Installed Software tab choose "CDT Standalone Debugger Support" and press Uninstall...
4) On Review page of Wizard press Finish
5) Restart

6) If you are using Oomph, (e.g. installed with the Eclipse Installer) you will be prompted at restart with a "Requirements Update -> The installation does not satisfy the requirements list below". Check the "Remember my decision" box and Press Skip.
Previous Topic:Compiling Boost on CDT
Next Topic:Creating a project using Jam builder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:36:02 GMT 2024