Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » If reports are generated in excel, decimals are not formatted as per the locale setting(Decimal format in excel)
If reports are generated in excel, decimals are not formatted as per the locale setting [message #1756168] Mon, 13 March 2017 10:59
Sushma Gampa is currently offline Sushma GampaFriend
Hi,

I've a birt template where I'm setting the locale in "beforeFactory". The report has dates and decimals values to be displayed. If I check the report in the report viewer or export it to PDF the locale is applied to all the elements of the report. But, when the report is exported to excel, locale is just applied to the date.

I've attached an image, where I've highlighted the problem. I've used "nl_NL" as the locale while generating the report.

<method name="beforeFactory"><![CDATA[reportContext.getDesignHandle().setStringProperty("locale","nl_NL");]]></method>

index.php/fa/28743/0/

As we can see in the image attached, the dates are fine but, the decimals are displayed in "en_GB" locale format. I observed that excel picks up the system locale setting for the decimals displayed. If I change my machine locale to nl_NL, then I see it fixed in the excel.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue are highly appreciated?

Regards,
Sushma
  • Attachment: birt.png
    (Size: 45.91KB, Downloaded 430 times)
Previous Topic:Birt Install - Centos 7, Tomcat, MariaDB
Next Topic:The requested resource is not available.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:58:16 GMT 2024