Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Debugging jdt.core
Debugging jdt.core [message #1755854] Wed, 08 March 2017 16:01 Go to next message
Ivan Kulezic is currently offline Ivan KulezicFriend
I'm working on adapting jdt.core for a language similar to Java and I successfully added changes I wanted and compiled jdt.core (skipped test stage). After that I imported newly created plug-in into Eclipse (Neon) but it doesn't work the way I wanted. Is there a way to debug it?

What IDE to use for developing jdt.core? I tried using both Eclipse and NetBeans but the maven project can't be imported properly therefore I can't debug it.
Re: Debugging jdt.core [message #1755884 is a reply to message #1755854] Wed, 08 March 2017 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Ivan Kulezic wrote on Wed, 08 March 2017 17:01
I'm working on adapting jdt.core for a language similar to Java and I successfully added changes I wanted and compiled jdt.core (skipped test stage). After that I imported newly created plug-in into Eclipse (Neon) but it doesn't work the way I wanted. Is there a way to debug it?

What IDE to use for developing jdt.core? I tried using both Eclipse and NetBeans but the maven project can't be imported properly therefore I can't debug it.

"NetBeans"? That was a good one ROTFL Laughing

(historical note: JDT is an excellent example of "dog-fooding": for as long as Eclipse and JDT are open source, Eclipse has been used for developing Eclipse and JDT in particular has been used to develop JDT).

Seriously: the most promising way for hacking on JDT code these days should be the Oomph installer, which comes with a predefined setup for JDT. Have you seen that? (Note to self: last time there were still some hick-ups which I meant to investigate).

Secondly, while you'll find pom files all over the place that's not what we use for development, those are mainly for production builds. So instead of importing "as maven project" you should preferrably let Oomph take care of everything, or if that doesn't work for you (it should): directly import the existing projects from git: all projects have their .project and .classpath in git so no need to let some wizard generate project configurations on the fly. It's all there in git.
Re: Debugging jdt.core [message #1756061 is a reply to message #1755884] Fri, 10 March 2017 13:03 Go to previous message
Ivan Kulezic is currently offline Ivan KulezicFriend
Thanks, this helped.

Can you tell me if this if the newest version of parser generator?
Previous Topic:JSP error page doesn't work in eclipse internal browser but works in chrome
Next Topic:Measuring compilation time of a Java project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:15:50 GMT 2024