Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Black text on a black background(a recurring bug?)
icon13.gif  Black text on a black background [message #1755842] Wed, 08 March 2017 14:26 Go to next message
pointer null is currently offline pointer nullFriend
New install of Centos 7, Mate Desktop and Eclipse Neon.2

Javadoc and other popup windows use black text and black background. No amount of fiddling with colour schemes aseems to fix this.

Google searches seem to indicate this is a persistant bug that hasn't been properly addressed for some time - much wringing of hands, excuse making and blaming the OS etc.

Is there a solution I've missed? It's doesn't seem like a massivly complex issue and seriously affects usability.
Re: Black text on a black background [message #1758227 is a reply to message #1755842] Fri, 24 March 2017 21:51 Go to previous message
martin madera is currently offline martin maderaFriend
I encountered the same behaviour and the reason was somewhere between SWT and GTK3 in my case. Did you try to start Eclipse on GTK2? See the second post: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1071268/ .

Another option is to switch theme of the Mate desktop to some which uses light background and black text for tooltips (the colours which casues problems). However for me Eclipse performs better with GTK2 on similar system (Ubuntu 16 LTS, Mate, Neon.1 (Spring Tool Suite 3.8.2)).
Previous Topic:After upgrading from neon.2 to neon.3, getting NPE in org.eclipse.core.internal.net.ProxyManager
Next Topic:After upgrading from neon.2 to neon.3, getting odd NCDFE from "org.eclipse.core.resources"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:52:32 GMT 2024