Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » SWTBot support for TableCombo?(How to test the Nebula TableCombo with SWTBot?)
icon5.gif  SWTBot support for TableCombo? [message #1755834] Wed, 08 March 2017 14:04 Go to next message
Matthias Paul Scholz is currently offline Matthias Paul ScholzFriend
Hi,

We have started using the Nebula TableCombo in our RCP application.
As we extensively write Unit tests also for our visual components, we also tried to write a SWTBot test for the TableCombo.

However, we have not been successful for instances on programmatically making the TableCombo opening the table drop down (as SWTBot does not seem to be able to find the button next to the combo box).

Is there some special SWTBot class for the TableCombo available? Or sample code how to do this?

Best,
MP
Re: SWTBot support for TableCombo? [message #1755847 is a reply to message #1755834] Wed, 08 March 2017 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Matthias,

I don't know why SWTBot cannot find the button. It is a normal button in a composite [1].

I have looked in the TC code and the dropdown is also dropped when the text control is clicked.

Please let us know if you can solve it that way.

Best regards,

Wim

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/nebula/blob/master/widgets/tablecombo/org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.tablecombo/src/org/eclipse/nebula/widgets/tablecombo/TableCombo.java#L175
Re: SWTBot support for TableCombo? [message #1755858 is a reply to message #1755847] Wed, 08 March 2017 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I've uploaded an SWTBot test which simply instantiates a TableCombo in a shell and tries to find the combo box with an SWTBot.

It fails as SWTBot cannot find the combo box (also alternatively searching for a text or a button sub widget does not work). Hence, the workaround you proposed does not work also. Sad

When using a plain JFace ComboBox instead of TableCombo, the test works.
Re: SWTBot support for TableCombo? [message #1755952 is a reply to message #1755858] Thu, 09 March 2017 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Matthias,

Maybe we need to create a special finder. I have found a finder for Nebula Gallery [1]. I think you might want to file a bug against SWT Bot to request finder for TableCombo. I also suggest you ask in the SWT Bot forum for pointers. Please post the link to that thread here.

Best regards,

Wim

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/swtbot/tree/master/org.eclipse.swtbot.nebula.gallery.finder
Re: SWTBot support for TableCombo? [message #1758937 is a reply to message #1755952] Tue, 04 April 2017 17:23 Go to previous message
Hi,

I've finally found the time to post an according request into the SWTBot forum. See https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1085402&goto=1758935&#msg_1758935
Previous Topic:Licensing of particular elements of nebula
Next Topic:TableCombo sends a selection event on each opening of drop down box
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:56:54 GMT 2024