Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Custom filter for not displayed values in table
Custom filter for not displayed values in table [message #1755628] Mon, 06 March 2017 11:46 Go to next message
Bartosz Szczypien is currently offline Bartosz SzczypienFriend
I need to add custom filter that will search throught all the objects and compare internal variables (not displayed in nattable) and the rows would be updated with the same manner as they are updated in case of using normal filters (F3). Additionally I need to use custom filtering with filtering that is already build-in. I would like to have both feature.

Is this possible to implement with nattable?
Re: Custom filter for not displayed values in table [message #1755632 is a reply to message #1755628] Mon, 06 March 2017 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. But for me it sounds like you need some custom filter additionally to the filter row. This can be done by using the DefaultGlazedListsStaticFilterStrategy.

The usage is shown in _6033_GlazedListsStaticFilterExample which can be found in the NatTable Examples Application -> Tutorial Examples -> GlazedLists -> Filter -> GlazedListsStaticFilterExample
Re: Custom filter for not displayed values in table [message #1755817 is a reply to message #1755632] Wed, 08 March 2017 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bartosz Szczypien is currently offline Bartosz SzczypienFriend
Ok I see. I have one more problem, as I use "static filter" with external TextField (not related with NatTable) each time the text changes I need to update visible rows in NatTable according to filter.
The question is: how to update NatTable after filter changes (the matched text inside filter, not filter as an object itself)?
Re: Custom filter for not displayed values in table [message #1755824 is a reply to message #1755817] Wed, 08 March 2017 12:59 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
If you checkout the sources or download the examples from the SNAPSHOT page, you will see a new example that shows this: NatTable Examples Application -> Tutorial Examples -> GlazedLists -> Filter -> SingleFieldFilterExample

In the current state it uses the NatTable#refresh(false) to update the view. But actually if you are using the TextMatcherEditor on the FilterList and set the filter via setFilterText() and there is a GlazedListsEventLayer in your layer stack connected to the FilterList, you shouldn't need to do anything.
Previous Topic:Multiline text cell editor
Next Topic:Combo Box editor clears value on keyboard input
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 17:47:27 GMT 2024