Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Libraries for Arduino plugin(added a .json but no libraries appear)
icon9.gif  Libraries for Arduino plugin [message #1755283] Thu, 02 March 2017 03:25 Go to next message
Francis Pantus is currently offline Francis PantusFriend
Dear Forum members
My problems is with getting other than the already installed libraries into my project. It seems a standard thing to do, but I'm spending a lot of time getting nowhere.

I added a I2C MPU5060 (gyroscope) to my project. As this is not one of the standard Arduino or Adafruit libraries that are 'preinstalled' in the plugin, as per the two .json files in the Arduino preferences of the plugin.
There is a .json file for the library on github: (https://github.com/jrowberg/i2cdevlib/tree/master/Arduino/MPU6050/library.json).
After adding this url to the Arduino packages list I would have expected that the new library would be added to the Arduino download manager in the library section, using the Add button (yes, I restarted Eclipse). However, it seems that the new json file was not read or not to the plugin's liking as no libraries were added.

Trying to add the .h and .cpp files to the project directory and using the #include "MPU6050.h" didn't work either.

Stopping short of starting to manually update the plugin system files, would anyone have some suggestions?
Cheers
Re: Libraries for Arduino plugin [message #1756099 is a reply to message #1755283] Sat, 11 March 2017 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dylan Wylie is currently offline Dylan WylieFriend
Bumping this, because I'm having very similar issues.
Someone out there must know what to do; your help is much appreciated! Please take a moment to explain.
Thanks in advance!
Re: Libraries for Arduino plugin [message #1771041 is a reply to message #1755283] Mon, 21 August 2017 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zeta Investigator is currently offline Zeta InvestigatorFriend
I have the exact same issue with libraries. There should be better support for adding external libraries.
I've downloaded a dummy library using the manager just to "discover" the directory in which I have to add my libraries.
Then the plugin recognizes *some* of them but libraries like MPU6050 or I2Cdev are not among them.
Please help us in resolving the issue
Thank you very much :)
Re: Libraries for Arduino plugin [message #1774449 is a reply to message #1771041] Sat, 14 October 2017 21:36 Go to previous message
Tyler Lucas is currently offline Tyler LucasFriend
I also had this trouble. .json library list fiddling did not seem to do anything, and, besides, Eclipse overwrites your changes if you open the wrong (right?) window. I got it to work with the library QuickStats by creating a new class (right click project > New > Class) with the same name as the library (QuickStats), giving me QuickStats.h and QuickStats.cpp. Closed Eclipse, deleted these files, downloaded the library from GitHub and copied the QuickStats.h and .cpp back where the deleted files were. Actually, I cloned the repo to its own directory, then hardlinked QuickStats.h and .cpp to my project code directory. It works! To do hard links in Windows open a Windows Command Prompt (search "cmd") in administrator mode, then use "mklink /h <link> <target>". For example: mklink /h QuickStats.h "C:\Users\tyblu\Documents\repos\QuickStats\QuickStats.h" . Not sure if it works with symbolic links. Probably not.

I did this while taking a course where we have to blog about our stuff, and this step is here: [will edit in link when i have more than 1 message (new user limitation)]
Previous Topic:msp430gcc on Eclipse with mspdebug
Next Topic:Explicitly compiling more than one dependent files in Eclipse CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:32:31 GMT 2024