Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Preprocessor include paths missing(preprocessor properties not showing?)
Preprocessor include paths missing [message #1755264] Wed, 01 March 2017 19:00 Go to next message
Michael LaVigne is currently offline Michael LaVigneFriend
Hi everyone,
I'm new to eclipse, so please forgive my ignorance.

I was attempting to set up eclipse for development on the new ESP32 processor following these instructions: exploreembedded.com/wiki/Setting_up_Eclipse_for_ESP-IDF

I got to the point where i needed to configure the "preprocessor include paths" under the C/C++ General header (in properties). My version, Indigo, does not seem to have this tab. Does this tab need to be enabled? Were the options moved somewhere else?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am using: Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers

Version: Indigo Service Release 2
Build id: 20120216-1857

Thanks in advance,
Michael.
Re: Preprocessor include paths missing [message #1755364 is a reply to message #1755264] Thu, 02 March 2017 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Preprocessor Include Paths ... contains the consolidated Discovery options for the latest Eclipse releases.
Is there a reason for using Indigo instead of Neon?
Without a compelling reason, you should consider using a later version of Eclipse .
It will have updates and corrections you will eventually want.

Re: Preprocessor include paths missing [message #1755800 is a reply to message #1755364] Wed, 08 March 2017 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Freidin is currently offline Alex FreidinFriend
Eclipse Indigo has "C/C++ Build > Discovery Options" as a partial substitute and "Paths and Symbols".
Re: Preprocessor include paths missing [message #1755837 is a reply to message #1755800] Wed, 08 March 2017 14:22 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
It will become harder and harder to get help for Indigo.
On the web, the closest I could find was for Kepler (two releases past Indigo)
http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/reference/cdt_u_prop_build_discovery.htm?cp=9_4_7_0_3_1

You could find this locally with a search of the Indigo help for Discovery at Help->Help Contents or Help->Search.
I'm unable to verify this but most likely Help --> Help Contents --> C/C++ Development User Guide --> Reference --> C/C++ Properties --> C/C++ Project properties -- > C/C++ Build --> Discovery Options page.
Understand that Discovery Options has been deprecated in later releases.

In the long run, unless you have some overriding reason, you would be better off starting with a much newer Eclipse release.
Suggest the latest stable: Eclipse (Neon) with CDT 9.2 instead of one that was five releases ago
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-cc-developers/neon2
Oxygen is the upcoming one to be released in a couple of monthe.

When using an upgraded Eclipse, you also may need to upgrade your tool sets (GCC, MinGW, etc.) depending on their age.
If they are already up-to-date then you may find they don't play well with Indigo anyway.
Indigo is locking you into outdated software.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 March 2017 15:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Extending Embedded Target Debug Register View
Next Topic:IASTPreprocessorIfStatement get macro and statements under the condition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:46:07 GMT 2024