Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Marketplace Client Project » Unable to install the JasperReports Plugin
Unable to install the JasperReports Plugin [message #1755020] Mon, 27 February 2017 03:28 Go to next message
Nicholas Powell is currently offline Nicholas PowellFriend
Hi All

I hope this is an easy question for somebody.

I am trying to add some JasperReports to a Swing App I have built but it is driving me insane !

Problem 1) When I follow the install steps to add JasperReports to Eclipse via MarketPlace, I can find JasperSoftStudio 6.3.1 but then when i click install i get the error 'The following solutions are not available JasperSoft Studio 6.3.1 Proceed with the install anyway?' Then nothing but errors....

Problem 2) Based on problem 1, I have installed a standalone version of JasperReports and created some reports. After a lot of trial and error i finally managed to get the reports and charts running in the Swing App from eclipe (lots of jar files needed not just Jasper ones) but inbuilt functions are still failing to compile eg DATEFORMAT. I have the jasperreports-functions-6.3.1.jar in my classpath

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file:
C:\Users\nrpow\cs_workspace\cs_project\nicksreport_1488165943558_628.java:194: error: cannot find symbol
value = DATEFORMAT( ((java.sql.Date)field_end_date.getValue()),"dd/mm/yyyy"); //$JR_EXPR_ID=9$

Any ideas... I can live without the plugin but i need to be able to use report functions

All help would be gratefully received, I feel like im on my own this Sad

Thanks Nick

Re: Unable to install the JasperReports Plugin [message #1763983 is a reply to message #1755020] Tue, 23 May 2017 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicholas Powell is currently offline Nicholas PowellFriend
Well, I gave up waiting for any help on the forum.

In the end I built the reports in standalone JasperReports tool, compiled the reports, and then used the jasperreport viewer classes to run the compiled reports in the Java Application.

I guess I was on my own with this problem.
Re: Unable to install the JasperReports Plugin [message #1828243 is a reply to message #1763983] Thu, 04 June 2020 16:16 Go to previous message
Tim Orbaker is currently offline Tim OrbakerFriend
I'm sorry I'm too late to help Mr. Powell. but for anyone else who stumbles on this on your way to the answer, add the following repository location: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20180905201904/repository/

I installed all the 'javax.*' and 'org.apache.*' packages. You certainly don't need all of them but after two days of fighting I wasn't up to picking and choosing.

I installed Eclipse, the files from the orbit repo and then jaspersoft studio from: https - sourceforge.net/projects/jasperstudio/files/updatesite/6.12.2/
(sorry, it won't let me post this link)

It is fully working now.
Previous Topic:Something does not show up in search results but is there...
Next Topic:Sorting / Ordering the Results
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:18:09 GMT 2024