Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » 'Launch failed. Binary not found' after project is re-built
'Launch failed. Binary not found' after project is re-built [message #1754957] Fri, 24 February 2017 14:02 Go to next message
Joe Noël is currently offline Joe NoëlFriend
Hi all,

There are a few posts on this subject but I couldn't find any that matched my scenario. Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.

I set up a C/C++ Unit Run Configuration, with my application set in the 'C/C++ Application' field as per the screenshot.

I then hit 'Run' and it successfully runs my application.

I then make a change to the application and re-build it. The build completes successfully and the new binary is in the same location as the previous one.

I hit the 'Run' button again and I get the error message: 'Launch failed. Binary not found'.

If I open the Run Configuration and hit 'Run' again without changing any of the settings, it successfully runs my application.

I can then hit the 'Run' button any number of times it will successfully run my application until I make a change and rebuild it. After rebuilding I get the error message again.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

-----

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: Neon.2 Release (4.6.2)
Build id: 20161208-0600

Mac OS X 10.12.1 (16B2555)

Re: 'Launch failed. Binary not found' after project is re-built [message #1754990 is a reply to message #1754957] Sat, 25 February 2017 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Because the configuration is under C/C++ Unit Test and not C/C++ (local) Application.
The Run --> Run command (or Run button) is trying to find the configuration under Application.
http://help.eclipse.org/neon/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/tasks/cdt_o_run.htm?cp=8_3_5
http://help.eclipse.org/neon/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/tasks/cdt_t_run_main.htm

You probably want Run As

[Updated on: Sat, 25 February 2017 05:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 'Launch failed. Binary not found' after project is re-built [message #1755035 is a reply to message #1754990] Mon, 27 February 2017 09:40 Go to previous message
Joe Noël is currently offline Joe NoëlFriend
Thanks very much!
Previous Topic:compile makefile and linker problems
Next Topic:Pkg-config missing letter in a include path for gtk+-3.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:38:04 GMT 2024