Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Indexer does not recognise Macos frameworks correctly in a project created by CMake(Indexer does not recognise Macos frameworks in a project created by CMake)
Indexer does not recognise Macos frameworks correctly in a project created by CMake [message #1754491] Sat, 18 February 2017 17:43
Kustaa Nyholm is currently offline Kustaa NyholmFriend
I have a project (FreeCAD) that I'm developing under Eclipse (Neon (4.6)).

This is a complex build, managed with CMake.

The Eclipse project is generated with CMake like this:

cmake -G "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles" ../FreeCAD/

and then imported to Eclipse as existing project.

The project builds fine and in Eclipse things work, except that OpenGL imports like this are not recognised by the indexer:

#include "OpenGL/gl.h"

After researching this I think the problem is that in MacOs Frameworks the headers for a framework are in a flat directory (as opposed to hierarchical organisation as they should be) called "Headers" (like this "../OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Headers/gl.h") and by some magic the compiler is able to find the files even though the include has that prefix 'OpenGL' in there.

There is an Eclipse bug about this:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=69529

which is fixed, so it should work.

And indeed if I create a C++ CDT Managed project with 'MacOSX GCC" toolchain then the indexer picks up the "gl.h" correctly despite of the prefix.

But I have not figured out how tweak the CMake generated project to understand framework includes correctly.

If I could change the tool chain of the project, that might do the trick but I have not found a way to do that.

Interestingly I do have an Eclipse project created by CMake where this works but I don't know how I managed to create that.

Help would be highly appreciated...

Previous Topic:Eclipse Run Background Problem
Next Topic:Debug configuration does not attach automatically to the process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:21:43 GMT 2024