Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Feature request: Arduino Plugin(Building variants determined by target connection.)
Feature request: Arduino Plugin [message #1754460] Sat, 18 February 2017 00:15
Ken Clough is currently offline Ken CloughFriend
I have built a project using Doug Schaefer's plugin which I don't think would have been possible using the original Arduino environment. It has several modules allowin the mcu to be controlled/monitored via mqtt.

I am looking to make the project configurable to reuse the software in different hardware configurations. I have investigated using various runtime configuration possibilities but these add too much overhead.

I have used #if statement/definitions to compile each variant. Then I looked for a way to compile each variant without having to edit files between each build.

I hit upon the idea of using the target connection to determine the configuration. For this I would need to have a symbol defined with the target connection name.

i.e. -DTARGET_CONNECTION=VARIANT1.

Looking at the plugin source in ArduinoBuildConfiguration.java I came across "// IDE generated properties". With the addition of

boardProperties.put("build.target.name", target.getName());

I could fiddle with the board definitions to have the sought after defintion visible in the source.

Don't think I am being greedy but a rebuild all targets (ones that have already been built once individually) would be a tasty piece of icing on the cake. Smile

Cheers,

Ken
Previous Topic:Eclipse Neon 2 Dark Theme still bust?
Next Topic:Eclipse Run Background Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 17:01:53 GMT 2024