Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane (How to access menubar inside a tab of tabpane in JavaFx application)
JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1754280] Thu, 16 February 2017 07:33 Go to next message
OM Jami is currently offline OM JamiFriend
Hi,

I have a JavaFx application in which there is a MenuBar inside a tab.
When I am trying to access that menu bar using,
Action ->Select -> Menu Bar -> ub_mbr_selectEntry_bytextPath[TEXTPATH;OPERATOR], I observer the error as :

Type : Action Error
Error Description : Operation not supported by the selected toolkit.

Component Type : Menu Bar component
Action Type : Select Menu Entry by Textpath

Could someone help in resolving this error or help me understand what wrong I am doing.

Thanks,
Om
Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1754288 is a reply to message #1754280] Thu, 16 February 2017 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Hein is currently offline Marcel HeinFriend
Hello Om,

do you have multiple MenuBars in your application? If that is the case, actions on menu bars are currently not support when multiple menubars are present in the application. The reason for this is that our current actions, and their level of abstraction, don't allow addressing a specific MenuBar.

You could however, try to create a work-around by using our unbound modules for keyboard input.

Kind Regards,

Marcel
Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1754291 is a reply to message #1754288] Thu, 16 February 2017 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Marcel,

Appreciate your quick reply.
Could you please explain me how to do that using keyboard input.
I am new to Jubula, just started learning. Smile

Regards,
Om
Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1754302 is a reply to message #1754291] Thu, 16 February 2017 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This depends on the implemention of the MenuBar, i.e. wether it supports keyboard shortcuts to access its menus. For example, under windows using the "alt"-key and then the "f" key you can open the file menu in many applications, after that it is possible to navigate in the menu using the arrow keys.

To carry out these key actions in jubula you can use the actions under unbound_modules_conrete -> Actions(Basic) -> Input via Keyboard -> Application -> Key Combination
Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1754308 is a reply to message #1754302] Thu, 16 February 2017 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Currently the menu bar doesn't have keyboard shortcut support.
So, that means we can't carry out the test if it is so.

Regards,
Om
Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1754310 is a reply to message #1754308] Thu, 16 February 2017 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunatly yes. However, we already have a bug regarding this issue and it might be fixed in the future.

Regards,

Marcel
Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1754314 is a reply to message #1754310] Thu, 16 February 2017 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank You! Marcel, for your support.
Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1756286 is a reply to message #1754314] Wed, 15 March 2017 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Marcel,

I am able to test it by adding HotKeys to menubar, however is there any other work around to test this except for adding HotKey options.
Please let me know.

BR,
OM
Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1756298 is a reply to message #1756286] Wed, 15 March 2017 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are more than 70 menu items in my application and more to be added in future which is making it difficult and is also not a best practice to add hotkeys.
So could you please suggest me some other alternative.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 March 2017 08:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1756382 is a reply to message #1756298] Thu, 16 March 2017 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hello Om,

The other alternatives could be to:
- create an extension for your menu bars - information on creating extensions is available in the developer manual
- have the Jubula team create an extension (where your team pay for the development)
- (alter your application to only use standard menus)

Best regards,
Alex
Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1756454 is a reply to message #1756382] Fri, 17 March 2017 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your support.
As suggested by you "- create an extension for your menu bars - information on creating extensions is available in the developer manual" I tried but got stuck with a problem.
After going through the developer manual, I have installed org.eclipse.jubula.repo.zip and was trying to import the existing piechart project to ITE but was unable to do so, since I didn't find source files under the path examples/development/extension please find the attached screen shot. Could you please help out on how to get the files and import the example project to ITE, what am I missing?

BR,
OM

[Updated on: Fri, 17 March 2017 11:37]

Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1757852 is a reply to message #1756454] Mon, 20 March 2017 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi OM,

after installing the features from the org.eclipse.jubula.repo.zip the extension should be active in the ITE. If you'd like to have a look at the Source-Code of the extension, you would have to import these into an Eclipse IDE (and not into the ITE!). Our documentation says that there are examples in the org.eclipse.jubula.repo.zip but I just noticed that this is not true. However, you can find the example projects in our git-repository. The JavaFX extension consists of four packages:

- http://git.eclipse.org/c/jubula/org.eclipse.jubula.core.git/tree/org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.javafx.feature
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/jubula/org.eclipse.jubula.core.git/tree/org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.javafx.rc.container
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/jubula/org.eclipse.jubula.core.git/tree/org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.javafx.rc
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/jubula/org.eclipse.jubula.core.git/tree/org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.javafx.toolkit

If you would like to create your own extension, I would strongly recommend using the Jubula Extension Wizard for the Eclipse IDE. This wizard generates the basic structure for your extension and does also most of the configuration for you. More info about this can be found in our documentation [1].

Best regards,
Kevin

[1] http://testing.bredex.de/files/content/software/documentation/developerManual/extensionWizard/ch05.html​
Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1757885 is a reply to message #1757852] Tue, 21 March 2017 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Kevin,

Thank You!
I have tried it using Eclipse IDE only.
I have created a Jubula Extension Project as in attached screen shot jubual_proj_files.jpg
Facing following errors as attached in screen shot Jubula_error1,2&3.jpg.
Could you please help me resolving this issue.

BR,
OM

Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1757886 is a reply to message #1757885] Tue, 21 March 2017 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My setup satisfies the requirements as mentioned in : http://testing.bredex.de/files/content/software/documentation/developerManual/extensionWizard/ch05s01.html
Is there any thing else that I am missing?

[Updated on: Tue, 21 March 2017 09:56]

Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1757887 is a reply to message #1757886] Tue, 21 March 2017 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi OM,

you have to set the target platform file to resolve the dependencies. Go into the org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.releng project and open the extension.target file from the targetDefinition folder. In the opened window, click on "Set as Target Platform" in the top right corner.

Best regards,
Kevin
Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1757962 is a reply to message #1757887] Wed, 22 March 2017 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Kevin,

I am unable to do the step as suggested by you. I am not getting the option "Set as Target Platform", please verify the attached screenshot [Jubula_Error.jpg].

[Updated on: Wed, 22 March 2017 10:56]

Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1757965 is a reply to message #1757962] Wed, 22 March 2017 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I perform right click nothing happens.
Re: JavaFx - Accessing MenuBar present inside tab of tabpane [message #1758057 is a reply to message #1757965] Thu, 23 March 2017 08:27 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi OM,

it seems like the target platform editor is not installed in your IDE. Go to Window > Preferences > Plug-In Development > Target Platform. You will then see a list where the target platform file should already be present. Simply enable the file by ticking the according box and hit Apply. The target platform should then be resolved.

Best regards,
Kevin
Previous Topic:Select cell of a JavaFX table with its colour
Next Topic:Test cases fail error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:10:37 GMT 2024