Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Detect missing view
Detect missing view [message #1754112] Tue, 14 February 2017 15:08 Go to next message
Vlad Dumitrescu is currently offline Vlad DumitrescuFriend
Hi,

I have a view that got a different id [*]. Existing users will get an error when starting with an existing workspace where the view was open. I wonder if there is a way to automatically use the new view instead (or to detect the error and handle it that way).

[*] It's a legacy navigator view that used ComonNavigator and added a bunch of stuff just to make it on par with the ProjectExplorer. I thought I'd just as well use the latter directly, but all the 3rd party extensions are referring the original viewer id, so I can't reuse mine.

regards,
Vlad
Re: Detect missing view [message #1754169 is a reply to message #1754112] Tue, 14 February 2017 22:07 Go to previous message
Vlad Dumitrescu is currently offline Vlad DumitrescuFriend
I solved it by looking for it in the plugin activator and asking the user if we can reset the perspective. It would have been nicer if there was a way to open automatically the PE view in the same stack as the CN, so that a reset would not have been necessary. I guess the pre-e4 APIs don't expose that kind of details.
Previous Topic:Is there a way to force Accessibility to re-read the active page?
Next Topic:Keyboard shortcut to cut line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:40:25 GMT 2024