Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse wont open
icon8.gif  Eclipse wont open [message #1754010] Mon, 13 February 2017 18:55 Go to next message
Samantha Laabs is currently offline Samantha LaabsFriend
So I am new to Eclipse and I am trying to download Eclipse Luna 4.4 on to my Mac for a class. I can get the program downloaded but once I do and I try to open it I get an error message that tells me that Eclipse has crashed unexpectantly and gives me the option to re-open but when I click that the program will not re open. I have to use this program in partnership with Python for a class. Please help!!
Re: Eclipse wont open [message #1754011 is a reply to message #1754010] Mon, 13 February 2017 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

There's not a lot of usable information here in terms of reproducing the problem (exactly which file was downloaded, which OS version, version of Java, etc.), have you checked the sticky post https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/198527/ ? Also, why Luna and not the current release, Neon.2?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse wont open [message #1754017 is a reply to message #1754011] Mon, 13 February 2017 20:11 Go to previous message
Samantha Laabs is currently offline Samantha LaabsFriend
My instructor recommended luna 4.4 and if neon does the same thing can I just download that ... I mentioned that I was new to eclipse so I apologize for not including the right info
Previous Topic:Terminal(s) confusion
Next Topic:Markdown support?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:24:55 GMT 2024