Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Sub Report/ Nested table content shifted in XLSX output
Sub Report/ Nested table content shifted in XLSX output [message #1753890] Sat, 11 February 2017 18:47
Alexander Schmidt is currently offline Alexander SchmidtFriend
Hi there,

I'm struggling with XLSX output. I attached a little classic models example report to show the problem as well as two images.

Basically the report is a list of customers (in the real reports it is a list of projects). Each project (customer) contains milestones (orders) of a certain category (order status). Only the latest milestone per category is relevant (latest order date per status) for the report. The classic model data example does not make much sense, but data model wise it fits.

In the report I work with sub reports (a nested table within the detail row of the customer table). One column per status. Per data parameter binding I hand over customernumber and set a fixed value for status. As you can see in the image "output_html_fine.JPG" and when running the report it works the way it is supposed to.
index.php/fa/28412/0/
However, if I run the same report via the XLSX emitter the data result content of the nested tables gets shifted, see image "output_xlsx_shifted.JPG".
index.php/fa/28413/0/

I tried lots of formatting stuff (e.g. cell paddings, more girds) and labels with a space in the same cell as a nested table without any success to make the XLS output display correctly. I also tried to assemble the data in one data set via joined data sets, but that did work because the original project list data set (customer) actually contains a report parameter where the user could chose what kind of projects are included in the report (closet analogy in the classic models data would be customer country). In the real report I got:

this.queryText=this.queryText.replaceAll('ProjectStateList',params["rptParamProjectStatus"].value.join(" "));

in the beforeOpen evnet of the dataset. If I create one joined data set (e.g. customer/project list with milestone of catgory a/order of status 'shipped' ) this still work. If i join the joined data set with a further milestone category (order status) it brings up an error message saying it cannot assemble the query in the beforeOpen event. I did not include this in the classic model example because it did not work.

Unfortunately using a different xlsx emitter is not possible. Also I cannot prepare the real raw data in a different way, because it is not based on an SQL database. The real data pretty much is available in the same form as in the two sql queries in this classic model example report.

I'm using BIRT 4.4.2 (Eclipse Luna). Use of newer version not possible either - unfortunatly.

My questions is:
Any ideas to get the xlsx output to display properly either by formatting the report or by preparing the data as one dataset via scripting or any other way?

Thanks a lot for any help,
Alexander

PS: Sorry for the lengthy post
Previous Topic:Memory Leaks when report contains hidden table
Next Topic:Birt Report designer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:13:51 GMT 2024