Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Service provided by bundle
Service provided by bundle [message #1753768] Fri, 10 February 2017 00:42 Go to next message
Jon Kate is currently offline Jon KateFriend
Say I have a bundle A that provides/exports a service S. I have another bundle B that references and uses this service. Bundle A is activated first and service S is available. Now activate bundle B and it is able to use the service provided by A. Now I observe that if I stop bundle A (for update for example), bundle B is still in ACTIVE state (shown from osgi console), but the component is actually in Unsatisfied state. Bundle B would stay in the Unsatisfied state, even after I update/restart bundle A. Stop and restart of bundle B does not help either.

Now my question is that is this the expected behavior? How to let B reconnect to A, automatically if possible?
Re: Service provided by bundle [message #1754448 is a reply to message #1753768] Fri, 17 February 2017 21:56 Go to previous message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

When you say you are updating the version of bundle A, do you mean just the bundle version is being updated? Are you also updating package versions? If you are only updating the bundle version, try entering the 'refresh' command in the OSGi console after installing the new bundle version. This will update all internal references in the OSGi container. If you are updating package versions, you will need to update those references in the manifest of bundle B.

Thanks,
--Dave
Previous Topic:Referencing RxJava in Eclipse Kura Plugin
Next Topic:How to create service instances
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:11:59 GMT 2024