Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Having trouble using CDT package with Eclipse for Java
Having trouble using CDT package with Eclipse for Java [message #1753704] Thu, 09 February 2017 07:10 Go to next message
Joshua Minter is currently offline Joshua MinterFriend
I originally had Eclipse for Java and Eclipse CDT, but I decided to combine them by installing the CDT packages onto Eclipse for Java.

But I'm now having alot of trouble with CDT. With the Eclipse CDT on its own, 'Project Properties' -> 'C/C++ Build' -> 'Settings' contained lots of settings to change compilers and compiler flags, now it doesn't have any of that.

Now it seems to have a focus on using make. But:
A) I would rather not use make. I know I should but I just find it neater to just have everything set in the project build settings.
B) Its using 'make' while I use Mingw-w64 which has 'mingw32-make', and I can't find anywhere to change that

Thanks in advance,
Joshua
Re: Having trouble using CDT package with Eclipse for Java [message #1753847 is a reply to message #1753704] Fri, 10 February 2017 16:47 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
The tool settings are not visible unless Eclipse is generating the Makefile.
To get Eclipse to generate Makefiles select: Generate Makefiles automatically in the Builder Settings tab of Project ---> Properties --> C/C++ Build

Eclipse has always been focused on using make although there is a way to use CMake
If selecting the MinGW tool chain doesn't affect the build command you can change it at Project ---> Properties --> C/C++ Build, Builder Settings tab
You will need to select External builder as well.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 February 2017 16:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Remote Paths not picked up by indexer
Next Topic:Internal Errors using Profilers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:13:10 GMT 2024