Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Git Clone & Project Import Won't Run Automatically(Problems in Oomph setup for dedicated RCP product (not Eclipse))
Git Clone & Project Import Won't Run Automatically [message #1753446] Mon, 06 February 2017 15:11 Go to next message
Ingo Mohr is currently offline Ingo MohrFriend
Hi all,

we use Oomph for setting up developer-Eclipse instances for a couple of months now. Works like a charm! Smile

Now, we also want to ship our own inhouse Eclipse-based products with an Oomph installer.
The problem we have is that the Git-Clone and Project-Import tasks are not executed automatically when our product starts for the first time.

When I manually trigger option "Import Projects..." in the product, the product restarts and both the git-clone and the project import tasks are executed as expected.

Am I missing some flag I need to set to get the two tasks done at the first start of the product?

Here's what I did
====
1. Compared the setup models against the models we have for Eclipse
=> don't see a difference (except other URLs of course)
2. Added all "Oomph" features from Eclipse Neon.2 updatesite to the product setup model
=> all of them were installed acccording to the setup log
=> still, git clone and project import don't run automatically
3. Checked setup log for any errors
=> couldn't find any.

Can you help?

Best,
Ingo
Re: Git Clone & Project Import Won't Run Automatically [message #1753484 is a reply to message #1753446] Tue, 07 February 2017 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
When you created this product installation with the installer, did you use the advanced mode of the installer to select the project setup(s) that you say you also tried to add manually using "Import Projects..."? You say you manually triggered "Import Projects..." but you could only add a project if it wasn't already present, and of course if the project isn't already present/referenced, the tasks it specifies won't be performed until that's the case. So to me it sounds like you created purely an installation, without also creating a workspace that references projects. I.e., when you launch your product the first time, use Navigate -> Open Setup -> Workspace (to open the workspace.setup), and look at the properties view of the Workspace root object, does the Streams property show any values?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Git Clone & Project Import Won't Run Automatically [message #1753521 is a reply to message #1753484] Tue, 07 February 2017 12:04 Go to previous message
Ingo Mohr is currently offline Ingo MohrFriend
Ed,

thank you for the quick reply.

> When you created this product installation with the installer, did you use the advanced mode of the
> installer to select the project setup(s) that you say you also tried to add manually using "Import > > Projects..."?
Yes, I invoked the same project setup via "Import Projects..." that I selected in the advanced mode of the installer.
The installer installed everything else defined by that project setup. Just the Git-Clone and Project Import from that project setup
were missing.

> You say you manually triggered "Import Projects..." but you could only add a project if it wasn't already present
> , and of course if the project isn't already present/referenced, the tasks it specifies won't be performed until
> that's the case. So to me it sounds like you created purely an installation, without also creating a workspace
> that references projects. I.e., when you launch your product the first time, use
> Navigate -> Open Setup -> Workspace (to open the workspace.setup), and look at the properties view
> of the Workspace root object, does the Streams property show any values?
No, "Streams" has no value. Only "Name" and "Qualified Name" have a value - which is just "workspace".

I'll check the workspace setup bit. Seems to be the key problem.
(The product is defined to always ask for a workspace on startup using a dialog.)

Thank you so far.
Previous Topic:How to setup dialog_settings.xml via Oomph user.setup?
Next Topic:Connection Issues during Installation Process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:59:05 GMT 2024