Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » No output from make with CMake(Missing make output in the Console during the build)
No output from make with CMake [message #1752974] Tue, 31 January 2017 13:47 Go to next message
Eugen Wintersberger is currently offline Eugen WintersbergerFriend
Hi there,
I have just recognized that CDT provides some experimental support for CMake.
Since I use CMake for all of my C++ projects this is an important improvement for me. So far everything works fine except this little issue I have encountered:
When building the project I can see the output of CMake in the Console but it does not show the output of the subsequent make command.

This is particularly bad when using make test to run the unit tests (also done with CMake).
Is this a bug or am I missing some configuration option here?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Eugen
Re: No output from make with CMake [message #1756185 is a reply to message #1752974] Mon, 13 March 2017 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J B is currently offline J BFriend
Are you referring to cmake4eclipse?

I have noticed that sometimes it stops showing the make output and only shows the cmake output. Restarting eclipse seems to fix it. I've not yet figured out what causes this to happen.

Re: No output from make with CMake [message #1835666 is a reply to message #1756185] Wed, 09 December 2020 18:50 Go to previous message
Russell Haley is currently offline Russell HaleyFriend
Hi, the problem is to do with the Console window. You need to click on the "Display Selected Console" button that looks like a little blue computer monitor and select "CDT Global Build Output". You can also just press the button and it toggles between the different views. I have three consoles: cmake, CDT build, and CDT Global build.
Previous Topic:Best C++ IDE and Compiler?
Next Topic:How to include OpenGL + GLUT libraries in Eclipse in Mac OS X?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:22:55 GMT 2024