Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » build log print in an external file(I want that the created build log in console area while building a project gets all printed in an external file)
build log print in an external file [message #1752868] Mon, 30 January 2017 07:28 Go to next message
Twinkle Garg is currently offline Twinkle GargFriend
I need all my build log while building a project printed in an output file so that I can view all my build log created while building a project.
Re: build log print in an external file [message #1753009 is a reply to message #1752868] Wed, 01 February 2017 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ Build --> Logging allows you to specify if a log file is produced and its location.
It is the output from the last build and will be the same as that provided in the Build Console.
If you want to view it while building, use the Console View.

Re: build log print in an external file [message #1858573 is a reply to message #1753009] Sat, 08 April 2023 17:14 Go to previous message
Rufus V. Smith is currently offline Rufus V. SmithFriend
In my case, I would like to monitor the progress of the build with an external program (not my own eyes watching the console) because I would like to create a notification alert when build is complete. I can do this with a post-build option but that only executes if the build is successful. If I can monitor the log in progress, I can signal build complete. (I may have answered my own question, if I look for the build file, and the file status changes that would indicate build complete! I'll have to try that.)
Previous Topic:I want to know how to export assembly files
Next Topic:Syntax for adding a tool option value in headless build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:49:18 GMT 2024