Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Neon: Arduino losses connection with target(gets "Java.lang.NullPointerException" error when l hit run)
Neon: Arduino losses connection with target [message #1752833] Sat, 28 January 2017 02:21 Go to next message
Thai Yangco is currently offline Thai YangcoFriend
I followed the youtube instruction by Doug Schaefer

step by step, 3-4 times, without uninstalling Eclipse but deleting everything, projects and connections. all with the same results.

before creating an Arduino project
connection to Arduino Uno target was ok. console showing the uno running with previous load output. see attached screen capture.

when I created the Arduino project, the connection disappear.
I get error the" java.lang.NullPointerException" error when I try to execute

I'm running Windows 10
Re: Neon: Arduino losses connection with target [message #1753026 is a reply to message #1752833] Wed, 01 February 2017 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Freidin is currently offline Alex FreidinFriend
If you can attach your log file at <workspace>/.metadata/.log, it can give a hint of what went wrong. Better put it aside and then recreate the problem, so that a new LOG is created with only this issue.
Re: Neon: Arduino losses connection with target [message #1753051 is a reply to message #1753026] Wed, 01 February 2017 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thai Yangco is currently offline Thai YangcoFriend
Thank you, Alex. but I have abandoned the Eclipse C++ Arduino 2.0 plug-in. and installed the Sloeber plug-in. ported some projects from my Arduino IDE and its working so far. Maybe I'll try the Eclipse C++ Arduino 2.0 again later.
Re: Neon: Arduino losses connection with target [message #1756129 is a reply to message #1753051] Sun, 12 March 2017 18:20 Go to previous message
Raul Peldes is currently offline Raul PeldesFriend
I think it's because baudrate.
I have uploaded a sketch to my arduino which uses Serial baudrate 115200, but Eclipse uses something else - 57600 perhaps?
Also, I have set up connection, but launch target dropdown doesn't list it.
Previous Topic:GDB debugging with OpenOCD in Eclipse Mars on Windows Machine
Next Topic: "Breakpoint attribute problem: installation failed"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 07:59:01 GMT 2024