Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Making calls to REST service using Jersey(get ClassDefNotFoundException)
Making calls to REST service using Jersey [message #1752817] Fri, 27 January 2017 16:12 Go to next message
Baback Nemazie is currently offline Baback NemazieFriend
Hi,

Sorry for posting to this forum, but I could not find any other forum that seemed to match my query, so I posted to this forum.

I am developing an eclipse plugin that makes REST calls to a web service. I am using Jersey.
I have created an externaljars folder for the lib dependencies, but the classes can not be found.

The error message I get is:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ws/rs/client/ClientFactory

Tried stackoverflow and google but still having this issue.

Re: Making calls to REST service using Jersey [message #1752822 is a reply to message #1752817] Fri, 27 January 2017 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: "Thrown if the Java Virtual Machine or a ClassLoader instance tries to load in the definition of a class (as part of a normal method call or as part of creating a new instance using the new expression) and no definition of the class could be found. The searched-for class definition existed when the currently executing class was compiled, but the definition can no longer be found."

javax.ws.rs.client.ClientFactory is missing from your classpath at runtime. Without knowing how this is being deployed, I would have to think that the jars you're pulling this and other classes from are not being deployed properly. What kind of project are you working in? Is this to create a standalone application or a web application running inside of a server? What's handling the deployment/assembly now? And can you please attach whatever's in that .doc file directly instead of embedding it in a .doc file?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Making calls to REST service using Jersey [message #1753219 is a reply to message #1752822] Thu, 02 February 2017 18:23 Go to previous message
Baback Nemazie is currently offline Baback NemazieFriend
Problem Solved. Issue was with externaljars folder not being referenced correctly in manifest file.
Previous Topic:Neon ignores "Print margin column" setting in Java editor
Next Topic:Eclipse IDE bundled with IBM JDK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:36:20 GMT 2024