Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Multiple Workspaces during installation
Multiple Workspaces during installation [message #1752722] Thu, 26 January 2017 14:13 Go to next message
Steffen Holzer is currently offline Steffen HolzerFriend

Hello all,

Last time I asked if it would be possible to include porjects with the same name. But since that isn't supported by eclipse I want to try another approach to the problem.

Is it possible to create multiple workspaces with each having a different oomph project added to?

Thanks in advance Smile

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live" - John Woods
Re: Multiple Workspaces during installation [message #1752892 is a reply to message #1752722] Mon, 30 January 2017 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Yes, you could have different workspaces created, but the advanced installer will only create one workspace during the installation process.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Multiple Workspaces during installation [message #1752982 is a reply to message #1752892] Tue, 31 January 2017 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steffen Holzer is currently offline Steffen HolzerFriend

But I cannot set different projects to those workspaces during installation, can I?

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live" - John Woods
Re: Multiple Workspaces during installation [message #1753002 is a reply to message #1752982] Wed, 01 February 2017 02:55 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Given you can create only one workspace during installation you can only affect the projects that will be in that one workspace. If you want a different workspace with different projects in it, you have to run the installer to create that one too. Given that installations created with a shared bundle pool are minimally small, creating an installation per workspace is very well-supported without significant disk footprint impact.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Reference online .setup file with authentication
Next Topic:Wire custom eclipse.product instead of org.eclipse.platform.ide into config.ini
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:09:09 GMT 2024