Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » e4 application does not start(Exception in Application start method)
e4 application does not start [message #1752052] Wed, 18 January 2017 10:37 Go to next message
Klaus Koehle is currently offline Klaus KoehleFriend
Hello,

i tried to use the tutorial 4 at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Efxclipse/Tutorials/Tutorial4 with target platform: http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/runtime-nightly/site.
What i modified is:
- In the product configuration file i checked the option: The product includes native launcher artifacts
- created a blank Trimmed Window in the Application.e4xmi
- modified the pom.xml in the releng project to have environments, e.g.
<environment>
<os>win32</os>
<ws>win32</ws>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</environment>
The tycho build was succesfully done. I copied the created .zip to c:\tmp (Windows 7) and tried to start the sample application, but it failed. The workspace folder was created and in the .metadata folder the .log file contains the error message:
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_66
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 1 0 2017-01-18 10:06:30.959
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component org.eclipse.fx.core.internal.JUtilLoggerFactory. The reference is: Reference[name = registerHandler, interface = java.util.logging.Handler, policy = dynamic, policy-option = greedy, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = registerHandler, unbind = unregisterHandler, updated = null]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 1 0 2017-01-18 10:06:31.339
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component my.sample.app.themes.default. The reference is: Reference[name = Stylesheet, interface = org.eclipse.fx.ui.services.theme.Stylesheet, policy = dynamic, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = registerStylesheet, unbind = unregisterStylesheet]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 1 0 2017-01-18 10:06:31.367
!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component org.eclipse.fx.core.internal.DefaultValueSerializer. The reference is: Reference[name = registerProvider, interface = org.eclipse.fx.core.ValueSerializer$ValueSerializeProvider, policy = static, policy-option = greedy, cardinality = 0..n, target = null, bind = registerProvider, unbind = unregisterProvider, updated = null]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 4 0 2017-01-18 10:06:31.399
!MESSAGE Exception in Application start method
!STACK 0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$155(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ResourceHandler.getBaseLocation(ResourceHandler.java:251)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ResourceHandler.getWorkbenchSaveLocation(ResourceHandler.java:244)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ResourceHandler.loadMostRecentModel(ResourceHandler.java:149)
at org.eclipse.fx.ui.workbench.base.AbstractE4Application.loadApplicationModel(AbstractE4Application.java:421)
at org.eclipse.fx.ui.workbench.base.AbstractE4Application.createE4Workbench(AbstractE4Application.java:266)
at org.eclipse.fx.ui.workbench.fx.E4Application.initE4Workbench(E4Application.java:347)
at org.eclipse.fx.ui.workbench.fx.E4Application$1.run(E4Application.java:211)
at org.eclipse.fx.ui.workbench.fx.E4Application.jfxStart(E4Application.java:249)
at org.eclipse.fx.ui.workbench.fx.DefaultJFXApp.start(DefaultJFXApp.java:57)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$162(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$175(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(Unknown Source)
... 1 more

Is the instanceLocation member in org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ResourceHandler null? What can i do?
Re: e4 application does not start [message #1752104 is a reply to message #1752052] Wed, 18 January 2017 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Thanks for giving the nightlies a spin! This is (has been) a regression I introduced with my changes in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=509772 - I fixed that and published a new nightly build. I really appreciate you giving the nightlies a try allowing us to detect such problems (eg it never occurred in our applications!) you can free yourself by using the stable releases!
Re: e4 application does not start [message #1752105 is a reply to message #1752104] Wed, 18 January 2017 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It might take a few minutes until the build has finished!
Re: e4 application does not start [message #1752107 is a reply to message #1752105] Wed, 18 January 2017 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Build is available
Re: e4 application does not start [message #1752131 is a reply to message #1752107] Thu, 19 January 2017 07:18 Go to previous message
Klaus Koehle is currently offline Klaus KoehleFriend
Good morning,
thank you for the quick answer and help. I used your nightly build and all is OK now.
I like it to also build my efxclipse applications with the nightly repo, before creating a release. That keeps me near to the next release coming up.

Best regards and have a good day
Klaus
Previous Topic:Compile fxgraph to fxml with Maven
Next Topic:Status of and information about org.eclipse.fx.text.ui.source etc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:20:01 GMT 2024