Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Advanced Scripting Environment (EASE) » debugging java code - during EASE script execution(debugging java code - during EASE script execution)
icon5.gif  debugging java code - during EASE script execution [message #1751757] Fri, 13 January 2017 14:53 Go to next message
Zakir Meer is currently offline Zakir MeerFriend
Hello Experts,

I am using EASE script to create object of java classes dynamically and execute certain method. Below I have copied the content of EASE script (JS)

I am looking to find a way how to debug the java code (during execution of EASE script) as certain functionality is not working as expected

** I tried the default approach by selecting the action Debug As -> EASE Script but unfortunately it doesn't seem to debug the java code

loadModule('/System/Resources')
loadModule("/System/JVM");

//Importing needed packages
importPackage(com.test)

var reportGenObj = createInstance("workspace://DebuggingJavaClass/src/com/test/ReportGenerator.java")

print(reportGenObj)

/*- invoking method of a java object */

reportGenObj.run()

As a reference I have attached a zip file containing sample project

Please let me know if this is possible to debug the java code during the EASE script (JS) execution ?

Info: I am using EASE 0.3.0
Re: debugging java code - during EASE script execution [message #1751760 is a reply to message #1751757] Fri, 13 January 2017 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
You cannot debug java code with the EASE debugger. You would need the JDT debugger for that. To make it work start the Eclipse instance you want to debug with correct debug parameters, then launch an eclipse IDE and connect to that debugger. If you would try it with just 1 instance of eclipse running, you would kind of self-debug the running instance. This is also what we do in EASE, but we cannot step down the Java path there.

For me the simplest solution is to Have an Eclipse IDE, start a debug configuration for my target product, and run the script there. Then the first instance can du the Java debugging, while the 2nd does the script debugging

HTH
Christian
Re: debugging java code - during EASE script execution [message #1751877 is a reply to message #1751760] Mon, 16 January 2017 12:27 Go to previous message
Zakir Meer is currently offline Zakir MeerFriend
Thanks for the tip Christian !! Finally I am able to debug java code
Previous Topic:EASE script not terminate (or just cannot be clear) in debug view
Next Topic:Waiting for a command to complete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:01:49 GMT 2024