Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Difference between "Action Execution Specification" and "Behavior Execution Specifica
Difference between "Action Execution Specification" and "Behavior Execution Specifica [message #1751690] Thu, 12 January 2017 15:16 Go to next message
Christian Vollmer is currently offline Christian VollmerFriend
What is the difference between Action Execution Specification and Behavior Execution Specification. These don't seem to be general UML concepts, are they? In case I'm wrong, is there some reference?
Re: Difference between "Action Execution Specification" and "Behavior Execution Speci [message #1751695 is a reply to message #1751690] Thu, 12 January 2017 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Christian,

These are defined in the UML specification (I'm using 2.5):

17.12.1 ActionExecutionSpecification
An ActionExecutionSpecification is a kind of ExecutionSpecification representing the execution of an Action.

Action: An Action is the fundamental unit of executable functionality. The execution of an Action represents some transformation or processing in the modeled system. Actions provide the ExecutableNodes within Activities and may also be used within Interactions.

17.12.2 BehaviorExecutionSpecification
A BehaviorExecutionSpecification is a kind of ExecutionSpecification representing the execution of a Behavior.

Behavior: a specification of how its context BehavioredClassifier changes state over time. This specification may be either a definition of possible behavior execution or emergent behavior, or a selective illustration of an interesting subset of possible executions. The latter form is typically used for capturing examples, such as a trace of a particular execution.

I know...clear as mud...

/Charles Rivet
Re: Difference between "Action Execution Specification" and "Behavior Execution Speci [message #1758902 is a reply to message #1751690] Tue, 04 April 2017 11:53 Go to previous message
vincent valvona is currently offline vincent valvonaFriend
Essentially and Action is something that doesn't decompose further whilst a behaviour is more generic and can include actions - and behaviours I guess.

At least that's how I understand it.
Previous Topic:Error: Cannot create Papyrus Project (Oxygen)
Next Topic:How to customize the palette?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:59:32 GMT 2024