|About WindowBuilder and XWT [message #1751519]
||Wed, 11 January 2017 06:12
| Hernán Cano
Registered: June 2012
I am interested in using Eclipse and WindowBuilder for designing forms.
I need to create an XML (or similar) based in the form that I build.
But I am having difficulties, as I expose in the next paragraphs:
My scenario is Eclipse Luna v4.4.2, WindowBuilder v1.7.0.r44x201405021554 .
1. I create a form and --in the Eclipse menu-- I go to File - Export... and select XML - XML Catalog and I complete the assistant.. but the XML resultant only has two lines, without something util:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
2. The option Save as in the Eclipse menu has no option different to save as Java.
3. I read about XWT. I download it. But when I want to create a XWT project, I do not find this option.
I go to install it: Eclipse XWT and Eclipse XWT Workbench Integration v1.1.0.v20150608-1518, and restart Eclipse.
I see in a web page that XWT is a perspective, and it is needed to "Open the perspective" before create a project.
But when I go to Window - Open the perspective --after installing it and restart as mentioned some lines before--, the XWT is not in the list (as shown in the tutorial I read), although I do can find XML (but the result is the same).
If I try to install XWT for a second time, the installer says that it cannot be installed because it is already installed.
4. I read about XWT Visual Design Editor (VDE), where XWT stands for "XML Windowing Toolkit" [[ https://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/XWTDesigner ]] with "Support of XML edition with the code completion", but the info looks obsolete and I read that it is discontinued in favor of another utility [[ http://www.easyeclipse.org/site/plugins/eclipse-visualeditor.html ]].
The questions are:
1. Is it possible to save a form built with WindowBuilder as XML in Eclipse?
2. If it is needed XWT, what do I need to "use" it for saving a form built with WindowBuilder as XML?
3. Or do I need another scenario?
HERNAN CANO M
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02361 seconds