Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How Jetty handles class loading with same class with different dependencies?
icon14.gif  How Jetty handles class loading with same class with different dependencies? [message #1751407] Mon, 09 January 2017 21:53
Karthik Narisetti is currently offline Karthik NarisettiFriend
I want to know how jetty handles when multiple dependency paths which can lead to same class.

For example,

Jetty comes pre-packaged with JSTL-1.2, but I added a dependency to load JSTL-1.2.4. At compile time, if I breakpoint test it downloading the source code in eclipse, it breaks at 1.2.4 version.

I want to know which version will be passed to generate byte code of a JSP, when there are two versions of classes, say some base class JstlCoreTlv in dependency (one pre-packaged, that is JSTL 1.2 with jetty and one passed from maven dependency 1.2.4)

In brief, I want to know How jetty is doing it. I want to know how jetty prioritizes pre-packaged vs dependencies added later. Even if the version is older than that of pre-packaged one, will it override and refer to added dependencies?

I couldn't get much in this context from jetty documentation. Help is much appreciated
Previous Topic:Problem installing Eclipse Luna
Next Topic:help please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:54:54 GMT 2024