Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » QVT-OML » set XMI id of object during a QVTo transformation
set XMI id of object during a QVTo transformation [message #1751073] Wed, 04 January 2017 10:03 Go to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello everybody,
I would like to set xmi id to the objects created by my transformation (I will reuse when possible the id of my source model).
I know that QVTo doesn't work on XMIResource directly, but on ModelExtent, so it seems me not possible to do it during the transformation itself. Please someone can confirm me this point ?

I think I will create a map in a blackbox with the target objects and their ids during the transformation and apply them when the created objects are stored in the final XMI resource, but it seems dirty.

Do you have any opinion about this way ?

Regards,
--
Vincent Lorenzo
Re: set XMI id of object during a QVTo transformation [message #1751080 is a reply to message #1751073] Wed, 04 January 2017 10:48 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
HI Vincent

This is a FAQ for which I raised https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=485439

xmi:id is not a model attribute, it is therefore invisible to modeling tools. Today, if you have a non-modeling requirement, you need to implement it in the non-modeling support. Probably in your XXXResource.save path.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Refine profiled model in QVT-OML
Next Topic:Serialization of QVT-O Traces
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:48:03 GMT 2024