Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Downloading boot file using IEC 61499 Deployment Plug In
Downloading boot file using IEC 61499 Deployment Plug In [message #1750674] Sat, 24 December 2016 18:20 Go to next message
Marcelo Garcia is currently offline Marcelo GarciaFriend
Hello

I want to build my own IDE, I see 4DIAC-IDE use a compilance profile (is like a XML file) to send commands to forte devices. What is the latest version of this compilance profile??

If I use my own ide, I only need to insert a plug-in called "IEC 61499 Deployment Plug-in" or my own IDE needs some plug-in additional to send management commands to forte devices.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Marcelo
Re: Downloading boot file using IEC 61499 Deployment Plug In [message #1750697 is a reply to message #1750674] Sun, 25 December 2016 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Dear Marcelo,

first of all thanks for your interest in 4diac. The download format we are using is defined in the "IEC 61499 Compliance Profile for Feasibility Demonstrations". Have a look there for the configurability provisions.

My I ask why you want to build your own IDE? You know that you can extend 4diac-ide with your own closed source plugins? Would you be interested in supporting us in the development of 4diac-ide?

BR,
Alois

Re: Downloading boot file using IEC 61499 Deployment Plug In [message #1752433 is a reply to message #1750697] Mon, 23 January 2017 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Alois

I was seeing the code of IEC-61499 deployment plug-in (org.fordiac.ide.deployment.iec61499), because as I said previously I try to design my own IDE to deploy code to FORTE. I has this code in my IDE:

socket = new Socket();
    int timeout = 3000;
    String val="<Request ID=\"0\" Action=\"CREATE"; //"Here code of boot file to deploy to FORTE
    SocketAddress sockaddr = new InetSocketAddress("127.0.0.1", 61499);

if (timeout > 0) {
       socket.connect(sockaddr, timeout);
       socket.setSoTimeout(timeout);
    }else{
         socket.connect(sockaddr, 3000); //if we have no timeout given take 3s as timeout
    }

outputStream = new DataOutputStream(new BufferedOutputStream(socket.getOutputStream()));

outputStream.writeByte(80);
    outputStream.writeShort(val.length());

outputStream.writeBytes(val);

outputStream.writeByte(80);
outputStream.writeShort(val.length());
outputStream.writeBytes(val);
outputStream.flush();

} catch (UnknownHostException e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
} catch (IOException e) {
                  // Auto-generated catch block
   e.printStackTrace()
}

When I run this code and I try to deploy a boot file, forte doesn't receive the code.
Can you help please, I need to use other plug-in in my IDE??
Re: Downloading boot file using IEC 61499 Deployment Plug In [message #1752529 is a reply to message #1752433] Tue, 24 January 2017 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

FORTE does not accept a full bootfile in one tcp transfer. but you need to send each line in one message. If you like in the code you will see that we have to parts we are sending the first is the so called destination which marks what within the device is the target and the second part is the command itself. A good documentation is given in the link I gave above.
Re: Downloading boot file using IEC 61499 Deployment Plug In [message #1752555 is a reply to message #1752529] Wed, 25 January 2017 06:52 Go to previous message
Thank you Alois for your answer, I understood how 4DIAC communicate with FORTE
Previous Topic:FORTE 1.8.3 cannot be built on Raspbian Jessie
Next Topic:Java heap space Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:43:07 GMT 2024