Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Suggest symbols while looking up with partial name (Suggest symbols while looking up with partial name in open element)
Suggest symbols while looking up with partial name [message #1750529] Thu, 22 December 2016 09:36 Go to next message
Sithara TS is currently offline Sithara TSFriend
Hi,
I am new to eclipse. I am a user of Source Insight, where there is a symbol window, which suggests symbols even as I type partial name. It need not necessarily start with the name I type.

Example: if there is a function with name 'func_some_long_prefix_xyz_abc()', I want to look up function by just typing xyz instead of starting with func_some_... . Is this possible in eclipse?

I found that I can look up symbol by typing the symbol name in Open element. But the problem is I must remember exactly how the function name starts. Maybe this feature already exists in eclipse. Can somebody please point to me if it exists?

Thanks
Sithara
Re: Suggest symbols while looking up with partial name [message #1750996 is a reply to message #1750529] Tue, 03 January 2017 15:04 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Hi,

This feature was recently added for Eclipse Java https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news/4.6/jdt.php#substring-code-completion someone needs to do the work to adapt the new feature to C/C++ Development.

Contributions welcome, first step is to create an enhancement request https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=CDT

Thanks,
Jonah
Previous Topic:Linux kernel tweaking
Next Topic:Indexer hanging at 700%, unworkable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:29:53 GMT 2024