Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Duplicate project - rename again (IDE "Run" runs the orignal project not the duplicate)
Duplicate project - rename again [message #1750501] Wed, 21 December 2016 19:09 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
I wish I could just post image here it so this post would be more descriptive.
After some trial and error I can duplicate ( copy and import) project into Eclipse.
The problem is - after renaming the project I am still getting the original name as an only option to Run.
The project name shows up correctly in project frame and in compiler build reports.
But what is being compiled is the original project, not the duplicated project.

What is really strange - this happens every time I try to make TWO duplicates of the original. The first duplicate runs fine , the second won't.
Re: Duplicate project - rename again [message #1750516 is a reply to message #1750501] Thu, 22 December 2016 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
The launch configurations are pooled in org.eclipse.debug.core and are not associated with a project.
The debug (or Run) button and associated Run->Debug and Run-->Run will point to the last configuration used.
You can change where a launch configuration is stored by using the Common tab of a configuration edit dialog.
http://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Fcdt_t_run_com.htm
The actual Neon dialog differs somewhat from the Help document. The alternate location is now called "Shared File".

When I copied and pasted the Hello project in the Project View then built the copy, the makefile was modified and produced the appropriate target.

Re: Duplicate project - rename again [message #1750517 is a reply to message #1750516] Thu, 22 December 2016 01:23 Go to previous message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Thanks for reply.
I'll have to try to change "configuration" , I am not really sure if I did it in right sequence, after I copied and changed the project name.
But I am sure one such sequence went perfect.
As you pointed out the "copy" can be done in project view or in "workspace" - as standard copy file. Since these two ways are not the same I need to pay attention next time I duplicate projects.
Previous Topic:How to get Microsoft Visual C++ into toolchain
Next Topic:Storing language.settings.xml in a VCS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:02:31 GMT 2024