Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Connector discovery dialog showing too early
icon8.gif  Connector discovery dialog showing too early [message #1750181] Fri, 16 December 2016 20:24 Go to next message
Eddie Galvez is currently offline Eddie GalvezFriend
In our product, we are trying to make sure SVN connector discovery dialog only shows when the user really is indicating to use SVN.

One of the code paths I noticed seems interesting.

The core plugin adds an SVNFolderListener to the workspace
If you create a new project, it ends up trying to lookup the option (whether team auto-share is on) but the access to

SVNTeamPlugin.instance().getOptionProvider()

results in the UI plugin starting up, which then decides to show the connector discovery dialog.

I feel like there is a mistake that the option provider thing activates the UI plugin causing the discovery connector to think the user is trying to use svn? (they aren't).

Our workaround is we are adding core and earlystartup to the platform's org.eclipse.ui.workbench/PLUGINS_NOT_ACTIVATED_ON_STARTUP
Re: Connector discovery dialog showing too early [message #1750843 is a reply to message #1750181] Thu, 29 December 2016 19:55 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
I've added the corresponding report to Subversive Bugzilla:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=509773
Previous Topic:Strange navigation "hang" when expanding directories in SVN Repository Exploring view
Next Topic:Lock disappears in Resource->Project Explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 01:09:51 GMT 2024