I recently saw this project and I am interested in using it in an industrial environment to collect and display data from some PLC. I hope to supplement the existing commercial SCADA (Wonderware and iFix) installation here in the USA. I hope to have every operator and maintenance personnel carry an Android to watch the plant, at least to warn them of problems on smartphone. Not sure if that is possible. I see that you have a wiki and screencast to help installing.
I am summarizing the installation based on latest releases.
1. Installing on Windows 10 64Bit. Do you recommend windows 10 or should I install on a Windows 8 or 7 Hyper-V virtual machine.
2. Install Oracle Java SE SDK 8u112
3. Install Eclipse neon. I am using the Win64 installer to select the "Eclipse IDE for Java developers" . Is this the best package or should I start with another package like "eclipse for RCP and RAP"?
4. I went through changing the preferences in general and Java as shown on screencast
5. Installed WIX
6. Installed neoSCADA 0.3 from <download.eclipse.org/eclipsescada/updates/release/0.3/>. will this work on neon or should I use 0.4. The screencast says to install the "Eclipse NeoSCADA IDE" only, not the others.
7. Installed additional components as per Wiki from "thedrone.packagedrone.org/p2/openscada-1.4/"
8. installed Demo from <download.eclipse.org/eclipsescada/demo/client/?d> I ran it and connected to your Arduino server. It works. So far so good.
Now I want to start with the samples and build on it.
7. I installed the samples from the GIT " git.eclipse.org/c/eclipsescada/org.eclipse.scada.samples.git/" and there are 80 errors, for example "Element cannot be resolved to a type"
Did I miss any package that should have been installed.
I will help with the project as needed.
Wow, 1400 views, no answers. I spent some time and made some progress. I got the example running
1. Traced some errors and fixed them by changing some references from SCADA to neoSCADA. Others still use SCADA
2. Have to install equinox from the neon package. Also installed all the neo scada 0.4 complete package
3. have to install H2 database
I am convinced that this has lots of potential, I know the SCADA industry, I know a few places I can put it right now where they can't spend the big bucks. Right now only a hardcore Java programmer can use this. If it moves to the next step where an experienced programmer, but new to Java can run it, it will get many more users.
Here is the step by step for a newbee, you will have something that works
1. Install Eclipse neon EE package. EE has maven and Plugin development
2. Click Help - install new software. Get the link from neoSCADA 0.4 P2 repository and enter it in the top. you will get four choices. install all of them
3. I had installed H2 database and WIX during my trial and error not sure if I absolutely need it.
4. goto preference- Maven-Discovery-Open Catalog and get Tycho
5. Import the examples and demo from the git " git.eclipse.org/c/eclipsescada/org.eclipse.scada.samples.git/"
6. The first package at org.eclipse.scada.examples.demo1 has the super POM that has to be modified. I changed the reference to Neon from Kepler and changed the Tycho version. I imported the demo into a sub-directory to keep it organized, so I had to change the reference to the parent and the base directory.
7. Run Maven Build and look under target products and your OS and you should find the App to run. Now you can make changes and rebuild.
8. After you run the app, login with admin, admin12 and you will see data.
This will get you up and running. I am new to JAVA but I am enjoying it.
Do you still using NeoScada?? Any success story with this platform?
Is it stable software? Did you try it with some real PLC devices??
I started with it few weeks ago, it is not easy to configure (I am not Java developer).
I have configured some basic steps (DA master and VI client) according to screncast on youtube with some Modbus simulators.
Now I am wondering about configuring Alarms & Events (AE) and Historical Data (HD).
Thanks for the feedback that you provide to every newbie as me!
I have a problem with the installation running of Eclipse Scada Demo Client. I have install and run the example as the you tube's videos show but after i try to logon to Demo Client, i can't have a successful connection.
I use eclipse scada neon_03, create a master server and a slave with modbus communication protocol. My OS is windows 8.1 at 64-bit.