Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » How to handle direct edit with setText method with 2 signatures(actually it crashes)
How to handle direct edit with setText method with 2 signatures [message #1749151] Fri, 02 December 2016 10:52
Maximilien CRUZ is currently offline Maximilien CRUZFriend
So for the context : I'm using SWT with windowbuilder, I made my own widgets and extended the standard SWT Label.

Recently I added a method setText(some.interface) to my widget named LabelIc, (to be precise this interface is meant to be used in an enum and will provide i18n easy-setter)

When I drag&drop the widget from the palette into a shell with a layout, it propose me direct edit. I write the text I want as a label and then it crashes with :

org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.check.AssertionFailedException: null argument
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.check.Assert.fail(Assert.java:225)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.check.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.check.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:159)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.property.GenericPropertyImpl.setValueEx(GenericPropertyImpl.java:492)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.property.GenericPropertyImpl.access$0(GenericPropertyImpl.java:469)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.property.GenericPropertyImpl$1.run(GenericPropertyImpl.java:209)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.run(ExecutionUtils.java:324)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.model.property.GenericPropertyImpl.setValue(GenericPropertyImpl.java:207)
	at org.eclipse.wb.core.gef.policy.DirectTextPropertyEditPolicy$3.run(DirectTextPropertyEditPolicy.java:145)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.utils.execution.ExecutionUtils.runLog(ExecutionUtils.java:106)
	at org.eclipse.wb.core.gef.policy.DirectTextPropertyEditPolicy.setText(DirectTextPropertyEditPolicy.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.wb.gef.graphical.policies.DirectTextEditPolicy.commitEdit(DirectTextEditPolicy.java:83)
	at org.eclipse.wb.gef.graphical.policies.DirectTextEditPolicy.access$1(DirectTextEditPolicy.java:80)
	at org.eclipse.wb.gef.graphical.policies.DirectTextEditPolicy$2.handleEvent(DirectTextEditPolicy.java:107)

I didn't filled a bug report because I don't think that's a bug, it might be the need to create a wbp-component.xml descriptor.

I tried to mess with proporties, even changing the property "text" to "text(java.lang.String)" (I copied the default Label.wbp-component.xml and put it in my wbp-meta folder)

But no success.. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

[Updated on: Sat, 03 December 2016 21:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Internal error
Next Topic:Update Site for 4.4 M1 Luna RCP Package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:58:53 GMT 2024