Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to recover from Project Refactor Trashed Directory Structure(NEON 4.6 Refactor Failed - directory structure compromised)
icon9.gif  How to recover from Project Refactor Trashed Directory Structure [message #1749094] Thu, 01 December 2016 18:15
Craig Cummings is currently offline Craig CummingsFriend
Using J2EE. From Enterprise Explorer, right clicked on Project ->Refactor->Rename

Function generated a Bug, but the 'SEND' function was disabled. Project Directory structure was changed and there were now two projects, both pointing to same disk location.

I made a backup of the existing project on disk.

I closed projects, and deleted the failed 'new project' - but did not delete on disk. I went to the .project file and changed the name back to the original. Restarted Eclipse and open the project. All seemed ok. But as I began working I noticed files were out of place.

When I tried to build my project no longer builds correctly. I backed out to a previous version, but still can not build.

Is there a description of the project 'refactor' process so I can attempt to correct the project and recover my work?
Previous Topic:Getting maven compile to use maven generated-sources
Next Topic:Eclipse won't start anymore. Exit code = 4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 21 14:21:11 GMT 2020