Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Setup for GCC ARM MBED(Problem getting this to work even for builds much less anything beyond.)
icon9.gif  Setup for GCC ARM MBED [message #1748992] Wed, 30 November 2016 21:03
Tom Demler is currently offline Tom DemlerFriend
I've been trying for a couple of days to get Eclipse configured to build projects using mbed on a coretex M3 device. I've made several attempts to install all that is required but so far I've not succeeded in getting a project to build. I've installed the GCC ARM MBED tools and samples from gcc-arm-none-eabi-5_4-2016q3-20160926-win32.zip. I have the current version of Java installed and of course I have Eclipse Neon 2 installed. It starts up just fine and I can create projects without problems. I'm running Win10. I've followed the instructions provided at
developer.mbed.org/cookbook/eclipse-for-building-and-debugging
to install the plugins for gnu arm into Eclipse. I also took a look at
gnuarmeclipse.github.io/toolchain/path/
But I'm not seeing the same settings dialog shown there for C++ Build -> Settings.
The setup instructions I followed also didn't mention the need to install the Windows build tools but I did install them from
github.com/gnuarmeclipse/windows-build-tools/releases/tag/v2.8
At this point when I attempt to just do a clean build of a sample program, this is what shows up in the console:

15:55:32 **** Clean-only build of configuration Debug for project FileTest ****
clean
Cannot run program "": Launching failed

Error: Program "" not found in PATH
PATH=[C:\Program Files\GNU ARM Eclipse\Build Tools\2.8-201611221915\bin;C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_111/bin/server;C:/Program

It seems like the build doesn't attempt to run make. I'm obviously missing something in the Eclipse setup. Any help would be appreciated.
Previous Topic:Moving executable to desktop
Next Topic:Integrating LLVM Clang with Eclipse Mars 2.0 on Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 06:43:00 GMT 2024