Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Integrating LLVM Clang with Eclipse Mars 2.0 on Windows(Trying to setup/integrate a C Project with LLVM Clang in Eclipse Mars2.0 )
Integrating LLVM Clang with Eclipse Mars 2.0 on Windows [message #1748951] Wed, 30 November 2016 11:20 Go to next message
Venkateshwar Krishnamurthy is currently offline Venkateshwar KrishnamurthyFriend
I am trying to integrate LLVM Clang (tried Version 3.7) with Eclipse Mars 2.0 (along with plug-ins: C/C++ Development tools SDK and C/C++ LLVM-Family Compiler Build Support) on Windows. I have a C project which I want to build and compile using the LLVM Clang Toolchain using the existing Makefile.

I used the following link (www.desultoryquest.com/blog/using-gcc-and-clang-with-eclipse-on-windows/ ) to setup the toolchain with Eclipse. But it doesnt work. I am not sure what is missing. When I try to build the project, it gives a missing header file error (which exists and was able to build using the exisitng Cygwin/ARM GCC toolchain). How do I get it running?

Are there any other better tutorials or references? Should the project makefile be changed to make it LLVM compatible?
Error:
index.php/fa/27739/0/

Project Toolchain Setting:
index.php/fa/27740/0/

Path Setting:
index.php/fa/27741/0/

LLVM Setting:
index.php/fa/27742/0/
  • Attachment: llvm.PNG
    (Size: 17.76KB, Downloaded 8569 times)
  • Attachment: TC.PNG
    (Size: 32.42KB, Downloaded 9174 times)
  • Attachment: path.PNG
    (Size: 37.32KB, Downloaded 8600 times)
  • Attachment: llvmeclip.PNG
    (Size: 39.90KB, Downloaded 8514 times)
Re: Integrating LLVM Clang with Eclipse Mars 2.0 on Windows [message #1748998 is a reply to message #1748951] Wed, 30 November 2016 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Not 100% sure which of these two problems you are having:

1) clang is not working anywhere, i.e. you build at command line and it fails
2) clang is working outside of eclipse, but not working in eclipse

For 1, your best bet is finding a clang forum for help on what you need. That said, the blog post you link to suggests downloading/installing msys2 and using it's pacman to install clang and mingw64, but you appear to have obtained clang from some other source.

For 2, please show us the command line that is working in the shell and how it is different from what is working in the IDE.

HTH,
Jonah
Re: Integrating LLVM Clang with Eclipse Mars 2.0 on Windows [message #1749046 is a reply to message #1748998] Thu, 01 December 2016 12:33 Go to previous message
Venkateshwar Krishnamurthy is currently offline Venkateshwar KrishnamurthyFriend
1. Yes, I installed LLVM through another source which did not work either. And then I followed the mentioned link which has LLVM in the Msys folder. Both give the same error.

2. I have not yet tried building the program through a command shell.
Previous Topic:Setup for GCC ARM MBED
Next Topic:Looking for example of "Post-build steps"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:12:54 GMT 2024