Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Setting up FBRT
Setting up FBRT [message #1748634] Fri, 25 November 2016 13:48 Go to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

I have two quick questions regarding FBRT HMI:

• Is 4diac IDE compatible with the "non-2008" (which I can't find anywhere on the Internet anways?) version of FBR, i.e the one that comes with FBDK2
  • If yes, how am I supposed to configure the "FBRT Library" section in the 4DIAC IDE preferences? Right now it looks like leaving this empty and setting "FBRT Location" to the fbrt.jar just doesn't work, since when fbrt is launched from the IDE it complains about invalid arguments.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 November 2016 13:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Setting up FBRT [message #1748653 is a reply to message #1748634] Fri, 25 November 2016 17:35 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Yes since 4diac 1.7 4diac supports also FBDK2. In order to use it you need to set the Device profile porperty of your FBDK2 device in the device editor's property view to "FBDK2".
however we are currently not supporting to start the device from the device launcher. Maybe this is something for the next release. However I have some issues with this launcher as it is mainly suitable for testing small lokal applications, but I got the impression that it makes it harder for starters to handle embedded devices (e.g., raspberry pis) later on. Therefore I'm also thinking if we should remove this view. Feedback on this from others would be appriciated.

But coming back to your original question. In order to start an FBDK2 device for HMIs you can start it from the console from your FBDK2 directory with the following command:
java -jar device.jar Title RMT_FRAME BOUNDS "[100,100,250,400]" MGR_ID "localhost:61500"

according to the FBDK documentation
Previous Topic:4DIAC IDE - BB GPIO
Next Topic:Flip-Flop Tutorial problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:41:08 GMT 2024