Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Server configuration update
Server configuration update [message #1748333] Tue, 22 November 2016 10:32 Go to next message
Konrad Windszus is currently offline Konrad WindszusFriend
I followed the instructions at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Oomph_Authoring#Setting_up_WST_Server_Runtime_and_Instances_in_your_Project_Setup to setup my server which worked fine.

Now my project evolved and a new module is contained in the workspace. How can I make sure that the new module is also part of the server instance, because the step 6 below "Server Instance in Servers View" seems only be applied once(!) for each workspace. If the file is afterwards modified in my project setup (in this case to also list the additional module) this change is not propagated to already existing workspaces. Any idea how to force the overwriting of the servers.xml with each execution of the setup task?
Re: Server configuration update [message #1748351 is a reply to message #1748333] Tue, 22 November 2016 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Sorry, XML blob-based preferences are not overwritten unless we implement specialized merge support for that specific property, which we've not done for this thing, though I recall looking at it quite a long time ago and concluded that the representation is so bad it's just not conducive to supporting merging because there's nothing to given the individual items identity...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Server configuration update [message #1748362 is a reply to message #1748351] Tue, 22 November 2016 13:16 Go to previous message
Konrad Windszus is currently offline Konrad WindszusFriend
Ok, thanks for the confirmation, that is a bit sad though.
Previous Topic:Remove deleted projects with Oomph
Next Topic:Dynamic compiler level
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:05:57 GMT 2024