Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » So which is the right (working!) Eclipse for Ubuntu ?(Download blues )
So which is the right (working!) Eclipse for Ubuntu ? [message #1747540] Tue, 15 November 2016 18:59 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
After one week trying to establish Eclipse as my IDE I had at one point or another at least 3 versions - none of them got me pass "Hello world".
The latest one I used "Download manager" - not sure about the title.
It downloaded "Neon.1" - twice!

( What's up with goofy meaningless names ? )

Than it made "New folder" and moved everything around while I was trying to actually run "Hello world".

I cannot get linker to link to OpenCV.

Can somebody please tell me WHICH Eclipse version will work on Ubuntu 16.04 32 bits?
Please.
Thanks

PS Don't tell me "it works for me " - I am happy for you but that does not help me.
Re: So which is the right (working!) Eclipse for Ubuntu ? [message #1747571 is a reply to message #1747540] Wed, 16 November 2016 05:16 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Specifics matter, and we don't know which 3 downloads you're referring to or even what language it is you're trying to work with. https://eclipse.org/ide/ reads: "Eclipse is famous for our Java Integrated Development Environment (IDE), but our C/C++ IDE and PHP IDE are pretty cool too. You can easily combine language support and other features into any of our default packages, and the Eclipse Marketplace allows for virtually unlimited customization and extension." It's not exaggerating.

So walk us through where you are step by step, and then maybe you'll get a response that helps with the next steps.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:defining the JRE version - why so many tabs to set?
Next Topic:Jenkins download failed in Internal Web Browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:42:43 GMT 2024