Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unable to record using RCPTT with my RCP-Eclipse UI(Unable to record using RCPTT with my RCP-Eclipse UI)
Unable to record using RCPTT with my RCP-Eclipse UI [message #1746942] Mon, 07 November 2016 21:54
Shannon Sayers is currently offline Shannon SayersFriend
Hi,

Trying to use RCPTT record functionality but nothing is registering in the Test Case->Script section. Here is what i did to set-up my testing example in RCPTT:

- Created a Project.
- Created a Context->Workbench that I used to capture the state of my UI.
- Created a Context->Workspace (unable to capture the tree structure of my UI here).
- Created a Test Case where I selected the Workspace and Workbench in the Test Case-Contexts section).

I think the issue I am seeing might have something to do with the Context->Workspace piece. Here is why I think that:

I am using v2.1.0 of RCPTT and Java jre1.8.0_101. I am able to get through the first example of RCPTT (comparing two files that I found here https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2014/september/article3.php ) with no problem. I am also able to set-up my RCP-Eclipse based application in RCPTT ( my app is recognized as an AUT, the workbench displays the various views).

This is the tree structure of the UI of my application

index.php/fa/27525/0/

which is similar to the tree structure of the UI of the Eclipse example

index.php/fa/27526/0/

I had expected (possibly incorrectly) that the Context->Workspace of the project for my UI would capture the tree structure just as the Eclipse tree structure was captured in the example.

index.php/fa/27526/0/

Am I incorrect in thinking that I need to set-up the Content->Workspace with a capture of my application? If so, can someone point me in the direction where I might find steps to set-up my UI correctly?

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Shannon

[Updated on: Thu, 10 November 2016 15:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:PERL perspective
Next Topic:Luna: Cannot access marketplace through proxy (Kepler works)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:48:53 GMT 2024