Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Events at the moment of connecting the edge to a target node
Events at the moment of connecting the edge to a target node [message #1745981] Thu, 20 October 2016 07:18 Go to next message
Martin Jedlicka is currently offline Martin JedlickaFriend
Hi,

I had a question about the call to action at the moment of connecting the edge to the target node.

I would like to the moment connecting edge to the target node to call an action that changes the individual bendpoints the edges.

1. How to trigger at the moment of connecting edge to the target node?
2. How do I change bendpoints edges, which I just joined?

Thanks for any advice.

Martin
Re: Events at the moment of connecting the edge to a target node [message #1745985 is a reply to message #1745981] Thu, 20 October 2016 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Fasani is currently offline Laurent FasaniFriend
Hello

Quote:
1. How to trigger at the moment of connecting edge to the target node?

in your odesign at the Reconnect Edge tool definition, you can add a "change context" operation at the end of your operations and call a service that will do the job

Quote:
2. How do I change bendpoints edges, which I just joined?

You can by inspired by the internal class org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.tools.internal.handler.RemoveBendpointsHandler

regards
Laurent

Laurent Fasani - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Events at the moment of connecting the edge to a target node [message #1745999 is a reply to message #1745985] Thu, 20 October 2016 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Laurent,

Thanks so much for your response.

I tried to define Reconnect Edge tool, but it only works if you connect the edge to another node. I need it to trigger when it is created between two nodes.

Additionally, so I get only to the selected node (which is the source), but I need to get to the edge, I could change her bendpoints.

Martin
Re: Events at the moment of connecting the edge to a target node [message #1746000 is a reply to message #1745985] Thu, 20 October 2016 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Laurent,

I tried to define Reconnect Edge tool, but it only works if you connect the edge to another node. I need it to trigger when it is created between two nodes.

Additionally, so I get only to the selected node (which is the source), but I need to get to the edge, I could change her bendpoints.

Martin
Re: Events at the moment of connecting the edge to a target node [message #1746001 is a reply to message #1745985] Thu, 20 October 2016 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Laurent,

Martin
Re: Events at the moment of connecting the edge to a target node [message #1746150 is a reply to message #1745985] Mon, 24 October 2016 05:57 Go to previous message
Hi Laurent,

I tried to define Reconnect Edge tool, but it only works if I reconnect the edge to another node. I need it to trigger when edge is created between two nodes.

I tried to define Edge Cretion tool, but it's not working. Although the external java action called when creating edges (which I need), but in the selection of IExternalJavaAction is still a source node model. So I do not have instance of ConnectionNodeEditPart, as in example RemoveBendpointsHandler.

So I do not know how to get to the edge so I could change bendpoints. Because at creation time edge, the edge is not yet available.

Thank you for your help.

Martin

[Updated on: Mon, 24 October 2016 06:21]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Navigating through representations
Next Topic:Performance problems with Properties View and Tree representation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:15:17 GMT 2024