Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » GEF4 Plugin Development(How to create an extensible GEF4 plugin)
GEF4 Plugin Development [message #1745664] Fri, 14 October 2016 08:44 Go to next message
Arndt Bergner is currently offline Arndt BergnerFriend
Hi,
I'm new to GEF4 and coming from the GEF3 universe. I'm currently trying to create an extensible RCP Plugin with GEF4 but cannot think of a way to do it in a rcp plugin way. Later on I like to use extension points to a tools, data and shapes.

When I have an plugin extending org.eclipse.ui.plugin.AbstractUIPlugin how can I start GEF4?
the way to go is to create a Application extending class which is starting the JavaFX? Like: MayApplication.launch(args).

And how can I proper close the application? If it is closed I get the error 'Application launch must not be called more than once'

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2016 09:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GEF4 Plugin Development [message #1745682 is a reply to message #1745664] Fri, 14 October 2016 12:36 Go to previous message
Matthias Wienand is currently offline Matthias WienandFriend
Hi Arndt,

you can use GEF to develop standalone JavaFX-based graphical applications (extending JavaFX Application), i.e. there is no need to integrate into the Eclipse UI. However, if you do want to integrate your application into the Eclipse UI, then GEF offers an AbstractFXView and an AbstractFXEditor which implement ViewPart and EditorPart, respectively. For an example, you can take a look at the MVC Logo Example that can be found at GitHub [1][2].

[1] Standalone Logo Example: https://github.com/eclipse/gef/blob/master/org.eclipse.gef.mvc.examples.logo/src/org/eclipse/gef/mvc/examples/logo/MvcLogoExample.java
[2] Corresponding Eclipse View: https://github.com/eclipse/gef/blob/master/org.eclipse.gef.mvc.examples.logo.ui/src/org/eclipse/gef/mvc/examples/logo/ui/view/MvcLogoExampleView.java

Best regards,
Matthias
Previous Topic:[GEF4/Zest]Performance issues with larger graphs
Next Topic:Node overlapping problem in HorizontalTreeLayoutAlgorithm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:01:10 GMT 2024