Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » problem with text file when opening the ecore as text file(default values that are given to me properities show up in ecore but are not shown up when opening ecore with text editor )
problem with text file when opening the ecore as text file [message #1745652] Fri, 14 October 2016 01:24 Go to next message
taghreed altamimi is currently offline taghreed altamimiFriend
Hi,
I noticed that when I open Ecore model with text editor some properties that have default values do not show up In the text file even it is there and available in ecore.

For example in the attached file (third line)
<processor name="CPU1" multiplicity="4" scheduling="fcfs">
if I give multiplicity default value =1 it will not appear in the text file even though I can see it in the ecore file.

So it will be like this <processor name="CPU1" scheduling="fcfs">

I mean without multiplicity

My question is how can I show the default values in the text file like the ecore file.

Thanks,

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2016 01:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: problem with text file when opening the ecore as text file [message #1745662 is a reply to message #1745652] Fri, 14 October 2016 08:22 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

This is the expected behaviour: the default configuration of the EMF XMI serialiser does not persist attributes that have a default value. To change this behaviour you need to set XMIResource.OPTION_KEEP_DEFAULT_CONTENT to Boolean.True in the save options of your resource.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Java 1.8 and ExtendProperties
Next Topic:Error when trying generated ecore file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:52:46 GMT 2024