Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse Neon - Remote C/C++ Project Setup(How to create a remote C/C++ project)
Eclipse Neon - Remote C/C++ Project Setup [message #1745209] Thu, 06 October 2016 14:34
Rick Vogel is currently offline Rick VogelFriend
Hello,

in my current project I have to develope a C/C++ project on a remote computer running Ubuntu 14.04. Therefore I have to connect to it via SSH which already works. Since the code I'm going to develope is highly specialized on the remote system I had the idea to use Eclipse as my IDE front-end only and do all the compiling/debugging/profiling on the remote system. Since the code won't run on my client it is not necessary to have local copies of the source code since it is being pushed into a remote git repository anyways.

After some research I found the "Eclipse RDT Server" which I have already installed. A connection has also been established according to this tutorial: http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.doc.user/html/gettingstarted/creating_a_connection.html?cp=53_1_1. But I can not create the remote project since I don't even have the "Remote C/C++ Project" option as displayed here: http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.doc.user/html/gettingstarted/creating_a_remote_project.html?cp=53_1_4.

Client system configuration:
Windows 10 x64, Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers Version: Neon.1 Release (4.6.1) Build id: 20160913-0900

Am I missing a crucial plugin and if so where do I get it from?
Is my approach appropriate for the specified environment?

Thank you for your help.

Greetings,

Rick
Previous Topic:image handling
Next Topic:Debug toolbar display issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 07:58:13 GMT 2024