Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [EMF + ATL] Running ATL transformation on UML2 model: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.IllegalValueExceptio
[EMF + ATL] Running ATL transformation on UML2 model: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.IllegalValueExceptio [message #1744476] Tue, 27 September 2016 11:10 Go to next message
Michele Guerriero is currently offline Michele GuerrieroFriend
Hi all,

I'm using papyrus to define an UML profile which extends some concepts from the UML Deployment Diagrams (mainly the Node and Dvice elements). I'm able to create an UML model which uses the defined stereotypes.
What I'm trying to do now is to create an ATL transformation which takes as input profiled UML models and generate an output model which conforms to a metamodel I already defined in Ecore. I imported the UML2 ecore metamodel to be used by my ATL transformation. When I try to run the transformation on an example input UML model I get the following exception:

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.IllegalValueException: Value 'RootElement' is not legal. (platform:/resource/dicer-core/models-uml/test.uml, 3, 66)

Currently my UML profile just defines a single stereotype called "VM" which extends the Device metaclass. Then in the ATL transformation I have the following rule:

rule TestRule{
from
s: UML!Device(s.getAppliedStereotypes() -> exists(stereotype | stereotype.name = 'VM'))
to
t : OUTPUT!NodeElement(
element_name <- s.name
)
}

I tried changing the name or reinstalling UML into Eclipse but anything works. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestion.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2016 11:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EMF + ATL] Running ATL transformation on UML2 model: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.IllegalValueExce [message #1744626 is a reply to message #1744476] Thu, 29 September 2016 05:59 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

You might get a more informed response on the ATL newsgroup.

It is very difficult to answer without a repro. It seems impossible if your models are sensible. There is no uml::RootElement so what is happening at line 3?

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:[Xcore] Referencing Classes from outside the plug-in
Next Topic:Class cast exception when saving to XML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:03:04 GMT 2024