Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Marketplace Client Project » How to associate file extents with a marketplace entry?
How to associate file extents with a marketplace entry? [message #1744143] Thu, 22 September 2016 17:02 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I've been looking at one of the recorded JavaOne videos that talks about new features in Neon. It was presented by Wayne Beaton and Gunnar Wagenknecht. At one point Gunnar mentions the ability to somehow associate a MarketPlace entry with particular file associations, so that if as a user running Eclipse without your plugin, if they try to open a file with that extension, it would try to make the user aware of the MarketPlace entry for the plugin associated with that file extension.

Is there any additional information I could get about this feature?
Re: How to associate file extents with a marketplace entry? [message #1744843 is a reply to message #1744143] Fri, 30 September 2016 17:13 Go to previous message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I've managed to resolve this. I don't have the link for the documentation for this right now, but the interim requirement is to simply add a new "tag" to the marketplace entry in the form of "fileExtension_<fileextension>". So, for instance, if your plugin is for working with ".gork" files, you simply add a tag to the entry named "fileExtension_gork", and when the user tries to open a file in Eclipse with that extension (and they don't already have your plugin or another similar plugin installed that already handles those files), it will tell the user that there are existing Marketplace entries for that file type, and it will optionally show them and allow the user to install them from the Marketplace dialog.
Previous Topic:Where can I find the feature ids required for a marketplace entry?
Next Topic:Cannot add a new solution to eclipse marketplace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:00:04 GMT 2024