Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Manage configurations for the current project
Manage configurations for the current project [message #1743834] Tue, 20 September 2016 07:37 Go to next message
Franziska Schneider is currently offline Franziska SchneiderFriend
Hey guys,

I've got a very simple and certainly stupid question, but as I am new to Eclipse - please help me!

I've selected my workspace and then I imported an existing Code as a Makefile Project (File -> Import -> .... boring). Then I realized, that my existing code and the created workspace were located in different places, which I do not like. So I did the following thing: I copied the existing code in a new folder and chose it as my new workspace, and then I continued doing the File -> Import-thing again. But now I have the problem that I cannot chose between Debug or Release when I want to click on the "manage configurations for the current project"-button o.O Why is that?? And what can I do now?
Re: Manage configurations for the current project [message #1744113 is a reply to message #1743834] Thu, 22 September 2016 12:38 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
A Makefile Project is one where you control the make file content. Eclipse won't touch the make file in these project types. The configurations really depend on a particular make file construction and project layout. None of that is ensured in a Makefile Project.

If you really want Eclipse to control the make file content, go to
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ Build and on the Builder Settings
check Generate Makefiles automatically

Previous Topic:Cannot get CheckersTestCase stable
Next Topic:getting a "syntax error" in the editor, but...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:01:30 GMT 2024